Ms Sian Flynne
BA(Hons), BCom (UWA), PGradDipBus, MCom(Curtin), CPA
|Position||School Business Manager|
|Faculty||Curtin Business School (CBS)|
|School||School of Economics and Finance|
|Phone||08 9266 9112|
Siân Flynne has been with Curtin Business School (CBS) since 1989. Until December 2008 Siân was a lecturer, during which time she was unit coordinator of and lecturer in several undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate financial accounting units. Whilst an academic Siân served on many committees and working parties and performed the roles of Program Coordinator of the School of Accounting’s Singapore program, Postgraduate program Coordinator and Director of Teaching and Learning. In January 2009 Siân left academia to take on the role of the Business Manager of the School of Accounting. In mid 2011 Siân was seconded to be the Business Manager of the School of Economics and Finance and has since been appointed permanently to this position..
Prior to joining Curtin University, Siân spent nine years with the Perth branch of the Australian Taxation Office.
Siân’s publications include a chapter in a tertiary level financial accounting issues text, co-authorship of a CPA Australia monograph, and co-authorship of a company accounting practice set. Siân’s research interests are financial reporting for the not-for-profit sector and the not-for-profit sector generally.
Since 2011 Siân has been a Board member of Community Vision Incorporated (CVI), a not-for-profit organisation delivering services in aged care, disability and family day care. She is also Chair of CVI's Finance and Audit Committee and deputy Chair of its Board of Management.
Memberships, Awards and Training
- Professional Membership: CPA Australia
- Member of the Board of Management, Community Vision Inc
- Australian Taxation Office, 1982-1991
- Curtin University, 1991-Present
Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Governance and Stakeholder Engagement
Accounting for the not for profit sectorBack to top
Operations managementBack to top
Conference Articles (Research)
- Gilchrist, D. J., S. C. Flynne, and R. Pilcher. 2011.“The intention and the reality: a commentary on the not-for-profit reform agenda in Australia.” In The Sino Australia International Conference On Accounting And Finance, Nov 26, 2011, Wuhan, China: Curtin University, Australia.
Journal Articles (Research)
- Bolt, S. J., and S. C. Flynne. 2009.“The customisation of Perdisco e-Learning resources to enhance student learning in an accounting course in various locations using different modes of learning.”The International Journal of Learning 16 (6): 721-735.
Additional publication categories
Books (Research) - Other
- Flynne, S. C., K. J. Leo, and P. A. Addision. 2000. Financial reporting by not-for-profit entities. Australia: CPA Australia External Reporting Centre of Excellence.