Associate Professor Max Massi
|Faculty||Faculty of Science and Engineering|
|School||School of Science|
|Department||Department of Chemistry|
|Phone||+61 8 9266 2838|
|Fax||+61 8 9266 2300|
2001: Laurea (equivalent to M.Sc.) in Industrial Chemistry, University of Bologna.
2005: Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Bologna.
Memberships, Awards and Training
2013-2017: ARC Future Fellowship
2013: Advanced Spectroscopy in Chemistry Visiting Scholar Fellowship
2009-2012: ARC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI)
Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)Back to top
2005-2009: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, School of Chemistry - Monash University.
2009-2011: Lecturer & ARC APD Fellow, Department of Chemistry - Curtin University.
2011 – present: Senior Lecturer & ARC Future Fellow, Department of Chemistry - Curtin University.Back to top
- Biological Chemistry (Second Year)
- Synthetic Methods in Chemistry (Third Year)
- Transition metal and lanthanoid coordination chemistry.
- Photophysical and photochemical properties of coordination compounds.
- Application of luminescent compounds in materials and life sciences.
You can find more detailed information in our Research Website.Back to top
Journal Articles (Research)
- Fiorini, V., S. Zacchini, P. Raiter, R. Mazzoni, V. Zanotti, M. Massi, and S. Stagni. 2016.“Negatively charged Ir(III) cyclometalated complexes containing a chelating bis-tetrazolato ligand: Synthesis, photophysics and the study of reactivity with electrophiles.”Dalton Transactions 45 (32): 12884-12896.
- Bader, C., T. Shandala, E. Carter, A. Ivask, T. Guinan, S. Hickey, M. Werrett, P. J. Wright, P. Simpson, S. Stagni et al. 2016.“A molecular probe for the detection of polar lipids in live cells.”PLoS One 11 (8).
Additional publication categories
Journal Articles (Scholarly/Professional)
- Bader, C., A. Sorvina, P. Simpson, P. J. Wright, S. Stagni, S. Plush, M. Massi, and D. Brooks. 2016.“Imaging nuclear, endoplasmic reticulum and plasma membrane events in real time.”FEBS Letters 590 (18): 3051-3060.
Selected Publications and Research Funding
Recent Selected Publications:
V. Fiorini, A. D’Ignazio, K. D. M. MaGee, M. I. Ogden, M. Massi, S. Stagni: Fully Ir(III) tetrazolate soft salts: the road to white-emitting ion pairs, Dalton Trans. 2016, 45, 3256.
B. L. Reid, S. Stagni, J. M. Malicka, M. Cocchi, A. N. Sobolev, B. W. Skelton, E. G. Moore, G. S. Hanan, M. I. Ogden, M. Massi: Lanthanoid/Alkali Metal β-Triketonate Assemblies: A Robust Platform for Efficient NIR Emitters, Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 18354.
B. L. Reid, S. Stagni, J. M. Malicka, M. Cocchi, G. S. Hanan, M. I. Ogden, M. Massi: Lanthanoid β-triketonates: a new class of highly efficient NIR emitters for bright NIR-OLEDs, Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 11580.
D. D'Alessio, A. N. Sobolev, B. W. Skelton, R. O. Fuller, R. C. Woodward, N. A. Lengkeek, B. H. Fraser, M. Massi, M. I. Ogden: Lanthanoid "BottleBrush" Clusters: Remarkably Elongated Metal-Oxo Core Structures with Controllable Lengths, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 15122.
C. A. Bader, R. D. Brooks, Y. S. Ng, A. Sorvina, M. V. Werrett, P. J. Wright, A. G. Anwer, D. A. Brooks, S. Stagni, S. Muzzioli, M. Silberstein, B. W. Skelton, E. M. Goldys, S. E. Plush, T. Shandala, M. Massi: Modulation of the cellular specificity in Re(I) tetrazolato complexes leads to labeling of lipid droplets, RSC Adv. 2014, 4, 16345.
For a full list of publications and citation data see ResearcherID.
S. Plush, D. Brooks, M. Massi: Methods and Products for Staining Lipids; PCT/AU2015/000159. Compounds covered under this patent are commercialised by Rezolve Scientific Pty Ltd.
S. Plush, D. Brooks, S. Stagni M. Massi: Complexes for Intracellular Imaging; Provisional Patent Application (AU) 2015903041. PCT/AU2015/000159.
Recent Research Funding:
BioSA, Research Project: “Methods and Materials for Staining Lipids”. Chief Investigators: D. Brooks, S. Plush, M. Massi. Total funds awarded: $175,000.
ITEK Catalyst Grant, Research Project: “Molecular Probes for Imaging in Cell Biology and Disease”. Chief Investigators: D. Brooks, S. Plush, M. Massi. Total funds awarded: $105,000.
ARC Future Fellowship FT1301000033, Research Project: “Accessing the therapeutic potential of carbon monoxide”. Chief Investigator: M. Massi. Total funds awarded: $705,120.
ARC Linkage Infrastructure LE130100052, Equipment: “Western Australian advanced fluorescence and phosphorescence characterisation facility”. Chief Investigators: M. Massi, C. -Z. Li, K. A. Stubbs, M. A. Buntine, G. Koutsantonis, K. L. Linge, D. S. Silvester, G. E. Poinern. Total funds awarded: $170,000Back to top