You can change your OASIS password and secret question at any time; it is a university requirement that you change your password at least once every 90 days. Once logged in, click on the "Your OASIS Account" tile on the Welcome tab.
Your OASIS password must be compliant with the University's minimum password standards as outlined in the ICT Password Policy in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy Manual. OASIS will not allow you to set a password which is not compliant with this policy.
Your OASIS password must meet the following criteria to be valid:
- Be between 8 to 16 characters in length
- Consist only of letters (a-z, or A-Z) and numbers (0-9)
- At least two numbers, one upper and one lower case letters within your password.
- Passwords must not contain your given name, last name or student/staff id
- Cannot have been used in the previous 12 months.
- Minimum two character change from previous password.
- Be kept private and not shared with others
- Be secure. Please read our Password Hints, Guidelines & Responsibilities.
If your password does not meet these criteria you will be alerted by an unsuccessful message in which you will need to try again.
OASIS will prompt you to change your password when it is about to expire.
The secret question is a means of entering OASIS if you forget your password. There are a number of standard secret questions that you can choose from, or you can make your own. It is important to make sure the answer to your secret question is:
- Something only you will know
- Not related to your password in any way
- Unlikely to change over time; and
- Extremely difficult for others to answer, even if they see your secret question
As part of the password reset process you will not be forced to set a new secret question, although you are encouraged to change both your password and secret question regularly.