Printing from portable devices
When you're on campus, but working from a personal device like a laptop or tablet*, you can still print to a Curtin printer by going through the Print Online button on Campus Life & Guild.
*Please note, Print Online does not work on iOS devices (such as iPads or iPhones).
How do I print from my mobile device?
- On the Campus Life & Guild tab, click the Print Online button, located under Important Links. The Managed Print Services system will open in a new window.
- Choose your document by clicking Browse..., locating your saved document, and then clicking Open. Click Upload.
- The confirmation page will appear. You have the option to View or Delete your document, or continue by clicking Next.
- Choose how you would like to print your document (i.e., in colour, A4, how many sides, etc) and click Next. If you are unsure about what any of these options mean, you can click the 'i' icon for further explanation. Remember that your printer may not be able to print in colour or larger sizes - it may be worth checking your printer type before continuing.
You can check your file at any time by clicking Back or Start Over.
- Confirm your settings are correct and click Print.
You can change your settings or file at any time by clicking Back or Start Over.
- Your file will now be sent to all printers on Curtin's Bentley campus, and you have up to two hours to release your document for printing, as per normal when printing on Curtin campus.
- If you would like to print another document, click Submit Another Job. Alternatively, you can click Log Out or close the window to continue working if you are finished.
Why can't I print from my device?
Because it relies on local storage systems to upload documents, devices that don't have these, such as iOS devices (iPads, iPhones, etc), cannot use the Print Online system.
Why won't my document upload?
There are many reasons why a document may fail, but the most common reasons are:
- Length of the file name. Long document names can be complicated. Try to keep your file name under fifty characters when saving.
- Type of document. Although every attempt has been made to support the most popular formats, we cannot guarantee all document types will be supported.
- Size of document. Documents over 5MB may be too large for upload. Try to keep your documents as small as possible before uploading.