Blackboard is Curtin's learning management system. In Blackboard you can access online unit materials and communicate with academic staff members and fellow students.
To access Blackboard, go to the My Studies tab, then click the Blackboard button in the Important Links channel at the top left of the screen.
- Why aren't my units in Blackboard?
- When is Blackboard available?
- Email in Blackboard
- Having problems with Blackboard?
If a unit isn't appearing in Blackboard it is usually for one of the following reasons:
The unit does not have an online component
Not all units have an online component. Check your Unit Outline to confirm whether your unit should appear in Blackboard.
The unit has not been made available
Units are usually made available in Blackboard on the first day of the study period. However, your Lecturer may choose a different start date. If you have concerns that you are unable to see your Unit, please contact your lecturer.
Your enrolment details are incorrect
If you are incorrectly enrolled in a unit, you will not see the unit in Blackboard. To check your current enrolment:
- Open eStudent (click on the eStudent button on the My Studies tab).
- Click Enrolment & Study Plans in the left hand menu. A sub menu will open.
- Click Current Enrolment Details in the sub menu.
- The units you are enrolled it will now be displayed. If your enrolment is incorrect, please contact your Student Service Office.
Blackboard is available 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
All emails sent to you from Blackboard go to your student email account. It is recommended that you check your emails regularly (your lecturer may have sent you an important message about your unit).
Note: The email facility in Blackboard allows you to send emails to other students in your Blackboard unit. The emails will be sent to their student email address.
If you are having difficulties accessing anything within one of your Blackboard units, please contact your lecturer.
If you are having difficulties accessing Blackboard itself, please contact OASIS Central.